Friday, September 18, 2009

Reminiscing

Let me begin by asking you to bear with me while I have my girly reminiscing moment. Thanks! :)

So, as I sit here and watch "Father of the Bride", I can't help but fondly think of our special day. I am so beyond pleased and amazed at how perfectly everything went on May 19, 2007 that it almost brings tears to my eyes.

I can't imagine how difficult it was for my parents (most specifically, my daddy) to give me away. I think it would be such a bitter sweet moment to be so happy for your daughter but so sad to see your little girl grow up and move into another chapter of her life.

I cannot thank my parents and in-laws enough for what they did to make our special day so wonderful. If I could, I would relive that day in a heartbeat. However, there are two things that I wish could have gone differently...1. I wish it didn't go so fast! I felt like the whole day was gone in the blink of an eye. 2. (Those of you at the wedding will actually appreciate this one...)I wish I didn't run down the aisle. :) Other than that, the day could not have gone more perfectly.

By far, this day was the best day of my life. With that said, I am anticipating the days, months, and years to come to see what joys life brings us next.

No comments: